Wednesday, July 29, 2015


Photo Credit: Enoch Nsoh Photography
I am CASODJE. On social media, I am known as Adjetey Bass. Art and instruments has been in the family for long. Grandpa was an artist, Daddy plays the drum and it is natural that I Draw and play the Bass. 

Growing up was like a battlefield. I had to work hard for everything I wanted. I got my primary and junior high school education from the Freeman Methodist School, then to Koforidua Secondary School now (OBOSS), where I read Visual Arts and then to IPMC for a diploma in Graphic Design. 

Sold at TLOTA Exhibition

I am a freelance artist and bassist  now so y'all keep the commissions coming; Na man for chop.  The art just popped up from nowhere. I have had teachers though Edwin Opare was my first till I became his competitor lol. Now, I look unto Ray Styles, who’s been an amazing friend and an inspiration. A teacher in this thing they call Hyperrealism Movement. 

However, I nearly became a drummer like daddy. It took just a week to grasp what my teacher taught me. The guy tutoring the bass guitar was lazying around  so I had to swap and start learning the bass guitar. I have had teachers here too. I believe it is - arts and playing instrument - a never ending cycle, a long learning curve where one can always improve and become best than they are. 



Latest Piece (Minister Joe Mettle)



 


I have been a part of TLOTA from day one. And I was the most successful artist at the first exhibition because I exhibited one work (The Ugly Old Woman) and it was bought :) . I went home empty handed with a fatter wallet. 

We look forward to better days where the face of art would be changed in our part of the world, become more resourceful and all that.  To the young ones, keep practicing, get a mentor and be humble, pray and always be positive. 

Chale the world is too small for us. Long Live TLOTA; Long Live Session Boys; Long Live CASODJE. Am out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment